Monday, June 02, 2008

Casual chit-chat

People talk and talk a lot. People will talk and will talk a lot. I meet people who never run outta things to talk about. They could just go on and on and there will not be a silent moment. I gather two basic deductions out of this eruption of syllables from the oral cavity -

1. The chatterbox is a fool - A fool who tries to show what he/she is, only with the use of the razor tongue; a sweet switch blade knife? Talkative people actually think that talking needlessly about their lives, their friends, their day, their luck and the latest elsewhere, is an easy way out. Most of them talk about themselves. What, try silence for a healthy conversation - you're fine, I'm calm. We can smile when it gets awkward. No need of thinking that you're a boring nobody if you don't have anything to talk about - it's okay, relax, take a deep breathe - no one is judging you here. Hey, you look great.

2. The constant talker is a wise bloke - The person knows stuff and knows it well enough to speak about it and give the listeners a sneak-peek into their know-it-all mind. I find that pretty impressive. If you can have good stuff to talk about, and you can bring it across in a decent way - its great, I would like that. I'm a good listener. Or well, okay; I'll do the talking if you want me to. You sit and hear me out. Stop blinking that much!

Personally, I've given up on talking too much. I used to - a lot. I liked it. But now I'm kinda bored - and also; too lazy. I hate opening my mouth and try and manage to form the words and say them out aloud for people to hear - honest, I do. I mumble most of the time, like I'm talking to myself. I have this rusty voice and my speech is all slurry. Cobain, please speak into the mic properly. I have thoughts in my mind, and I may have interesting chit-chat to keep the conference going...but nah, I'd prefer to shut up. Yeah, humour; I can indulge in sometimes. Laughing at something you say, and then adding to it. I'll keep us busy for awhile; exchanging info; letting you in on some things; entertain you for awhile; but then, I'm done. I actually get tired and feel sleepy. Yes, bored. Yeah, it happens. Oh, what's the point? Yes, let your knowledge out; let them know how smart you are; let them know you're everywhere. Aw come on, I'm happy with myself; let me bounce my thoughts in my mind and let them make me better and better at whatever I'm at. I'm good, pretty well.

Then you have telephonic conversations - Aargh! I used to manage a lot of time on the phone. I don't even recall how. Somehow, I used to spend excessive time on the phone and there would be a lotta bill-paying to do as well. Mom, please don't be mad at me; I don't know what I did while on the phone for those many hours! I seriously wonder what. Were you at the recieving end?

Hmm...so either you're totally fed up; or you're completely impressed. I guess a bit of both. I'm someone between the two types I've told you about. It's all about my mood. When I feel like jabbering, I will; or not. I think that's what happens with everyone and others do end up evaluating you on what your were like at the time when the communication took place. So it's all right, not much of a deal. Talk a lot when you want to - or don't talk at all. Moody people are we. Will be. Proud to admit. Say what you need to say and say what comes to your mind and its fine if you're the silent. We love you and you love them. It's a happy neighbourhood and the people have an understanding with each other. But do talk enough, because that communication gap they warn you of does occur. So do talk and do keep in touch. But make it short and simple and we're all getting along great. You have your life; live it. I'll live mine. Thank you. And mine's better than yours because I'm on the fun side.

And again, I leave you wondering what point I was trying to make here.

But always remember - you open your mouth, you let yourself out. So be careful. And love is always an exception - to everything. And talking smoothly and choosing your words wisely makes a good lasting impression. You know what I mean. Ha!

2 comments:

Curbside Prophet said...

WHOA.....zit ees nice,i guess i'm somewhere between the two too....good analysis,takes time.And nice execution,I like the last line"love is an exception to everything" ,contradicts it all but thats the purpose ,innit?
JAH BLESS

Curbside Prophet said...

psst-just one thing,i know you wont do it,but dont change yer style....its original