Saturday, August 02, 2008

Slippin' away

Its swimming. Unstable. And it all does seem like the freakheaded illusion they'd warned me of. I dislike this distraction. Kills the joy. There are no pills that could ease the pain - even for a little while. Burning, yes. It hurts.

But what surprises me is that its not that hard after all. I had been practicing for this, so I was prepared. Yeah, I'd seen it coming. The rest just tumbled in place and everything comes crashing. Collapse. But I don't feel the jolt. I don't feel the emptiness, the hollow, the nothingness - at least, not until now. Maybe it will come and the truth will dawn. Any last words? I don't know. Memories are the only gift that is left behind. Treasure it in the burdened confused mind. And the time that was spent is now gone. Forever. So this is goodbye. I'm signing off outta your life.

No comments: